Hello everyone. I would have loved to make a grand announcement saying that I am back but then I don’t quite want to jinx myself by doing that. So, let’s just say I am making a serious attempt to get back into the habit of blogging.
A lot of things have happened since my last post almost two months ago.
- No – my hair did not all turn black, it’s continues down the expected dreaded path of fading and falling.
- The seasons have changed (for the better I must add). The grass is green, the sun is brighter than a tube-light and birds are constantly chirping (and building nests in my grill).
- I am a year older (boo hoo) and so is my daughter (boo hoo again for she has moved on from terrible twos to more terrible threes)
- I was almost relieved to not get a surprise birthday party this year, but guess what? I now own a Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Guitar Hero World Tour and the Wii Dance Party 2.
- However, it’s very unfortunate that Wii Fit describes me as being obese and wonders how I don’t trip over myself when I walk!
- And I am not loving my Wii male gym instructor – he has no name but has a perfect body and balance and can do push-ups as easily as one could swallow ghee dripping badam halwa .
- I am no longer a desi-consultant and relax folks, I am not out of a job (yet?) (P.S: Prem, please no potentially negative comments on this line and the one below with your “thiruvaay”)
- I have a job that I am really liking (at this point in time)
- I most certainly do not enjoy the annoying production support pager which knows no night or day.
- I managed to celebrate the Saradu pandigai (a.k.a Karadayan Nombu) minus the Adai and falling at my husband’s feet (which I offered just in case he was so inclined but thankfully he was not)
- We also celebrated Sree Ramanavami. I made everything + Neer mor + Paanakam + Vada Paruppu. As always, I pitied poor Lord Rama for having such modest demands in comparison to Lord Krishna who makes everyone slog all day for a more delicious meal.
- We then welcomed the Tamil New Year (even though some atheists seem to think that it is not the new year) as well as we possibly could considering it was a Tuesday morning and I had to leave home at 8:00 for a 9:00 meeting.
- We have decided to do as many 1 day road trips during the weekends as possible. We’ve already done the local zoo, Starved rock state park and Brookfield zoo. Next plan is St.Louis.
- We managed to get some family portraits in which we look like ourselves.
- And finally thanks to the wonderful search engines and your blog rolls, my daily hits have stayed respectable.
So, that’s the roundup of events in the past two months. I hope to be back as often as possible, until then “Iniya Puthaandu Nal Vaazhthukkal”!